Is a Homebuyers Education Class the Next Right Step for You?
Advisors from our Community Partners of South Florida (CPSFL) Housing Department are always available to assist Palm Beach County residents with their financial and housing questions/concerns. We empower prospective first-time homebuyers throughout South Florida with knowledge to make wise decisions and gain financial confidence.
One way we accomplish this is through our Homebuyers Education Classes. In the past, this educational opportunity has been offered both in-person and online. With the advent of COVID-19, all of our classes have moved fully online until the health crisis concludes. Our most recent Homebuyers Education Class had 27 virtual participants.
The Homebuyers Education Class theme is “Realizing the American Dream.” Each one of the six sections is packed with practical tips for financial success:
• Are you ready to buy a home?
• Managing your money
• Understanding credit
• Obtaining a mortgage loan
• Shopping for a loan
• Protecting your investment
Topics covered include the major costs associated with owning a home and realistic money saving steps geared toward maximizing family income while decreasing spending. Participants will gain a better understanding of credit and debt management. Types of mortgage loans and how to apply will be addressed. Instruction will include tips for shopping for a home such as the roles of real estate agents and home inspectors. Finally, the class will cover ways to protect your important investment from damage and expensive repairs while maximizing your tax benefits.
Interested in learning more? Call 561.841.3500 and ask to speak to someone directly to see if the Homebuyers Education Class is right for you. In addition, our online portal at https://www.ehomeamerica.org/cp-housing offers pricing info for the 8-hour class. Take it at your own pace. Afterward, a certificate of completion is presented to the client and/or lender upon completion of a counseling session with a homeownership advisor (if required).
Register now for the June 2020 Homebuyers Education Class offered online in Spanish. Dates/times are:
Tuesday, June 23rd – 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, June 25th – 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, June 27th – 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Other CPSFL homebuyer services in addition to Homebuyers Education Classes include:
• Initial, free consultation visit to explore your possibilities
• Individualized housing counseling sessions
• Matched savings for first-time homebuyers
• Assistance with closing costs and/or down payments
• Access to residential mortgages
• Individualized counseling to improve and maintain good credit scores
• Financial coaching to resolve credit issues and develop/manage a budget
• Monthly educational classes to make good decisions (English, Creole and Spanish)
• Educational and career assistance for success and economic independence
• Year-round free tax prep for qualified clients
Click HERE for a complete list of our CPSFL housing services. Please feel free to email Coryati Campbell at [email protected] or call her directly at 561.841.3500 ext. 1002 if you have additional questions. Thank you.