Safe Kids Palm Beach County
Safe Kids is a community based program that offers safety education and materials to families to decrease accidental injuries in children from birth to 14 years of age.
We offer educational materials for all injury mechanisms including drowning prevention, home safety, pedestrian safety, bicycle safety and child passenger safety.
The Safe Kids Program is funded by the Children Services Council Palm Beach County.
Unintentional and preventable injuries are the leading causes of death for children under the age of 14 in the United States.
- Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death to children ages 2 to 14 and the leading cause of injury-related deaths for children under 2.
- Every year more than 830 children ages 13 and under die as a result of unintentional drowning and on average an annual 3,600 injuries occur to children due to near-drowning incidents.
- Every year approximately 140 children are killed as bicyclists and more than 275,000 children sustain non-fatal bicycle injuries.
- Every year an average of 2,096 children ages 14 and under die as a result of home injuries.
- Every year approximately 103 children die from fall-related injuries and over 2.3 million fall-related injuries in children are reported.
- Every year an estimated 14 million unintentional injuries are sustained by children less than 14 years of age and of these injuries 10% - 25% occur in and around schools.
- Every year more than 100 children ages 14 and under die as a result of unintentional poisoning and more than 1.2 million unintentional poisonings.
Looking for car seat inspection stations?
These stations are sponsored by the Safe Kids Coalition and PBC Fire Rescue. If you have families in need, most of the fitting stations provide new seats for a $25 donation.
If you need any further assistance in obtaining Safe Kids materials please feel free to contact: 561-841-3500 x 4011